This is a small note-to-self.
NetBeans support for Subversion on Windows has an option to use either bundled svn binaries or CollabNet's official installation. The bundled NetBeans svn client works just fine at first - I use it with plink to do ssh tunneling.
Except that eventually it starts failing with a mysterious exception along the lines of:
org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: The system cannot find the file specified.
Commit failed (details follow):
Can't create tunnel: The system cannot find the file specified.
Long story short, the snafu is likely because in the NetBeans SVN settings, the full path to plink executable has to use forward slashes. Also, it may be prudent to surround whitespace-containing paths with quotation marks.
Anywho, it may still stop working, but we'll see.
UPDATE: nope, still doesn't work, heh.
UPDATE: works now. following NetBeans wiki instructions, it turns out that the bundled svn client doesn't actually listen to tunnel settings given by NetBeans (!). It listens to the .../Application Data/Subversion/config file. Another important caveat that wasted me a lot of time is that any time that file is changed, NetBeans must be restarted for any change to make a difference. And another important caveat is to use the explicit .exe extension on the plink executable file path. I added plink's location to my PATH; I also used Pageant for private-key auth instead of directly specifying the private-key path. Grr, what a stupid NetBeans bug.